Saturday 12 February 2011

Class One, Introduction - 1st February 2011 (EBS, London)

Introduction - 1st February 2011
 Managing Luxury brands
Our first class of Managing Luxury brands was an introductory class taught by John Harrison and Serena Gossain. This class started with having a look at the module specification covereing important elements such as essential reading, assignments, grading and submission dates.

Essential reading 
I was pleased to learn that we would be using the book "Luxury Brand Management: A World of Privilege" during the course. This is a book that I found extremely useful during the first semester. I had used part of this book for my dissertation and a few other assignments. I was also relieved because I now have a book to fall back on in case I need to know more about what was taught during the lecturer. 

Assignments, grading and submission dates:
The course requires us to finish two assignments by the end of this module:
1. This is a presentation and essay based on either a brand extension as in the case of a well known brand extending into unfamiliar area or a brand renewal.  I feel more interested in brand extension, and have already started thinking of what I can come up with. I was hoping to do something related to the hotels or spas since this is where my interest lies. I am already looking forward to developing this idea into something that can work. I find this very interesting, exciting and challenging.


2. Personal process handbook or blog used as a place for the formulation of my ideas and reflections, that shall support my main group essay and presentation.





I though about this and decided on a blog because I believe I can constantly update this blog and add alot more pictures to it as appose to what I would have done with a handbook.  : ) at last, a decision was made..




No comments:

Post a Comment